Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Thoughts So Far As Well

I will have to agree with Heather on many of her points. First of which is in IE... I do not like Bing at all! Bring back google! I know that you said you were working on that. On my kids computer at home, (pc) you can choose what you search. There is bing, google, and several others, can that not be an option in case there are a few out there that do like Bing? Just at thought. The only thing I use IE for now is Odyssey. Since I am on Odyssey pretty much all day, I have plenty of time to try both and it does work better on IE, but that is the only site that I prefer on IE.

I do like firefox especially for all things google. If I am going to be online, I am pretty sure it will be firefox, it just runs better. I like the search bar much more than IE.

Chrome is ok, I have used it often in the past but only a little recently. I think some people will be confused because there is not a "search" bar like in the other browsers but it is ok. I would probably prefer it over IE but not firefox.

As for open office, it was ok, but when you are used to word then it is a little confusing and not as user friendly. They are so very close in many ways but their differences can be annoying when you are used to word.

I am still having issues with my computer that I did not have before zenworks. Yesterday morning my computer just restarted for no reason. A little frustrating when you are in the middle of something and have to start over. When I try to log off, restart, or even shut down the computer it often will not. I have to try it two or three times before it will shut down / restart. Sometimes it will not and I have to power it off with the power button. Not sure if others are having that same problem.

I have also been deleting large files lately from my home folder (lots of pictures) and when they are in the process of deleting I can not do much else on my computer or it freezes. I am not sure if this is zneworks or an issue with the home folder. Finally I just started logging on to a student computer and using that to delete files so that I could still work on mine.

I will try to work with more of the programs today and tomorrow and let you know what I think. I hope this helps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the feedback! I believe I have corrected the issue concerning the google search bar; it should show up by tomorrow. We are looking into the random restart issue further. Finally, the slowness you've been experiencing during large file deletes is most likely associated with that action. Deleting the files from another machine is probably the best thing you can do for now. Please feel free to post any more questions/comments you may have!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, Robie!

We, too, are not friends of Bing. Bing likes to sneak its way in to many a download :)

Open Office has nowhere near the functionality of Word, for sure, but thanks for being willing to give it a try! I always think it's a good idea to try open source software out, if for no other reason than to clarify why you like a purchased program better!

Anonymous said...

My computer isn't coming up with a Bing search, i'm starting to think something is wrong! Also, my computer is back to running really slow, to the point where i'm having to control-alt-delete. Anyone else having this problem?